We are always here trying to help you in everyway, everyday.
+44 203 488 5008
2nd Floor College House, 17 King Edwards Road, Ruislip, London, United Kingdom, HA4 7AE
Send Us a Message
Frequently Asked Questions
This accommodates learners of all levels and enables them to work at their own pace, without interrupting their current schedule, right from the comfort of their homes.
E-learning provides a lot of benefits for all types of people. Some of those benefits include:
E-learning programmes enable you to study at your convenience without any restrictions. This helps you to plan your learning alongside your other commitments.
As our courses are all online, there is no cost associated with managing campuses that is usually included with on-site courses provided by schools, colleges, universities, or similar academies. This enables us to keep the cost of our courses as low as possible.
At The English Courses UK (TEC) www.theenglishcourses.uk, we are continuously working to increase the number of available courses, and our students have the option of selecting from more than 15 high-quality language and career development courses.
Our e-learning programmes not only provide convenience in terms of time and field of study but also provide required comprehensive help and support to help you progress in your learning journey.We are committed to helping students facing time and lifestyle restrictions to improve their skills and knowledge without the need to attend classes. We are changing the way education is delivered by saying goodbye to long travelling times and enabling our students to use their time more constructively.
The English Courses UK www.theenglishcourses.uk – TEC Platform was founded in 2020 as part of Career Development College London in collaboration with Accord Business English with the aim of making high-quality English language and career development courses accessible to everyone. We help our learners bridge the gap between the standard of English achieved through generic ESOL qualifications, and being able to communicate like a native English speaker. Our English courses mirror the Functional Skills English qualifications taken by native and non-native English speakers in schools and colleges across the U.K. and are set to the same high standard. The skills our learners acquire on completion of their learning programme enable them to function effectively in both professional and everyday situations.
- Lifetime access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- UK and globally recognised qualifications
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- 24/7 student support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- No hidden fees
- Download your e-Certificate immediately after completion
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online e-learning platform
The CEFR is the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. It was
Created by the Council of Europe to provide a standard framework recognising language learners’ abilities in reading, writing, speaking and listening at six reference levels. It is Used by many English-speaking countries, including the U.K., as a benchmark for minimum language level required for work or study visas. Businesses, professional registration bodies and educational institutions may also use the CEFR as part of the recruitment or selection process for employees, members or students.
The 6 levels are
The A levels indicate a basic user level, B levels indicate independent user level, and C levels indicate proficient user level. Each level describes the abilities and limitations of language learners currently working at that level.
Each of our courses are given a CEFR level indicating the course’s suitability for learners of that level. The course content and activities are designed to reinforce current knowledge and skills while also developing those necessary to progress to the next level. For further information on the different CEFR levels, please refer to our website. The CEFR levels are described by the Council of Europe as follows:
At A1 level, learners can
understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know and things they have
interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
At A2 level, learners can
understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to immediately relevant areas
- communicate in simple and routine tasks, requiring a simple exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters of personal interest
- use basic sentence patterns with memorised phrases
- use simple structures correctly, but make systematic basic errors
- make themselves understood in short turns, despite long breaks or pauses
- respond to questions but is rarely able to keep conversation going by themselves
- link ideas together in a simple way
At B1 level, learners can
understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters encountered at school, work or leisure,
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling
- produce simple connected texts on familiar topics
- describe experiences and events, plans, hopes and ambitions
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- possess enough language to get by in everyday situations
- express themselves reasonably accurately
- initiate and deal with familiar everyday interactions
- link ideas into connected linear sequences
At B2 level, learners can
understand the main ideas of a complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their own field of specialisation interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party
produce a clear detailed text on a wide range of subjects
explain a viewpoint giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options
give clear descriptions
express viewpoints without conspicuous hesitation, sometimes using complex forms
not make errors which cause misunderstanding and can correct most of their own errors
- speak reasonably fluently, with few noticeably long pauses
- initiate discourse, take turns
- help discussion, confirming comprehension, inviting contributions, etc.
- use a limited number of cohesive devices to give their spoken and written contributions coherence.
At level C1, learners can
understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning
- express themselves fluently and spontaneously with much obvious searching for expressions
- use language flexibly, for social, academic and professional purposes
- produce clear, well-structured, detailed texts, on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns and cohesive devices
- learners have a good command of a broad range of language allowing themselves to express themselves clearly and appropriately
- the learner can consistently maintain a high level of grammatical accuracy
- interact skilfully by selecting a suitable phrase from a range of discourse in order to contribute appropriately
At C2 level, the learner can
understand with ease virtually everything heard or read
- summarise information from different spoken or written sources; reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation;
- express themselves spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning, even in more complex situations
- show great flexibility in differing linguistic forms
- learners have a good command of idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms
- the learner can maintain constant grammatical control
- interact with ease and skill, with natural referencing, turn-taking, etc.
- use a full variety of organisational patterns and cohesive devices
No – our courses are designed to be completely online programs that you can study from the comfort of your home, your office, local library or any other place you like. There is no need to physically attend any class or meeting at any time to complete any course.
Yes – no matter where you live, we welcome you to join our E-learning programs and encourage students from all over the world to be part of our community. All participants get immediate access to our online courses once they are registered to a specific course, and can easily complete all their assignments and coursework from anywhere in the world.
Our courses are online and can be started at any time throughout the year.
At the end of the course, students will take an online assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The assessment is marked automatically, so you will receive an instant result and know whether you have passed the course.
No – There are no prerequisites for enrollment onto any of our courses. All of our courses are designed to accommodate learners of different levels and abilities. Whichever course you chose to enrol on, you can be sure the skills and knowledge you acquire will be suited to your current level, whether you are a beginner or advanced level learner. No matter what your educational or professional background is, our course portal is completely open to all!
Unlike regular schools, colleges or universities, our courses are completely flexible, and there is no specific date for enrolment. Our portal allows our students to begin their learning journey throughout the year at a time that suits them.
No – All of our study plans are provided with the relevant course material (apart from some very rare cases where some textbooks are recommended, although these are clearly mentioned on our portal). However, we encourage all of our students to read as widely as possible on their subject of study, during or after course completion, to further enhance their skills and knowledge.
Yes – the course registration process is completed online and there will not be any requirement to physically visit or send any material to us. Our registration process is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the year, which makes it extremely easy to enrol on your favorite course at any time.
Assessments are question-based and include multiple-choice, true or false, and a single word answer questions. Our course material provides all the knowledge you will need to successfully complete all assessments
Our courses are designed for and are available to any person from sixteen years.
Yes – actually a lot of students enrolled with us are registered on multiple courses! You are more than welcome to register on more than one course at a time. By doing so, you will get exclusive discounts and offers on a range of our amazing courses. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We offer courses at different levels, abs all of our courses are organised to make self-study easy- even if you are a complete beginner. If you are interested in our English courses, we recommend taking our free assessment (link to page here) to help you decide which course is right for you
Our E-Learning programs offer complete flexibility, which means that you are able to improve your career prospects while continuing with your current work or family commitments.
We offer English language and skills-based courses through online learning. These courses feature a The English Courses UK certificate of completion. Certificates can be saved as a PDF file so that you can easily share your achievement. They can also be verified using the QR code printed on the certificate.
No – There is no extra cost involved with our courses, and the total cost is paid for on enrolment.
The duration of the course completely depends on the time you are able commit to your course of study. There is a recommended course duration mentioned against each course. However, it is entirely your decision whether you complete the course in a few weeks or a year. We do not set any limitations to ensure our courses are fully flexible. You will have 12 months to access your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced, so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages, while revisiting the training at any time.
No – There is no such option available at present, and the total cost is payable on enrolment.
Payment can be made using our secure payment process. If you have any questions about the course fees or payment process, you can contact our admissions team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org